**Important Covid-19 Guidelines Update**
As you are no doubt all aware, the previous UK Health Security Agency Covid IPC guidance (Infection prevention and control for seasonal respiratory infections in health and care settings (including SARS-CoV-2) for winter 2021 to 2022) was withdrawn on 27 May 2022. This removed the requirement for the use of face masks and other PPE in health care settings in England and Wales, unless in the case of a known Covid infection or risk of splash.
Because of the variability of the guidance, Revive physiotherapy recommends that you read the CSP National infection prevention and control (IPC) guidance issued on 31st May 2022.
The CSP guidance is that, if you still wish to continue with measures,that must be in response to your own risk assessment, but if you do require staff to use face masks, then please request this prior to your appointment.
What this means in practical terms is that Revive physiotherapy has withdrawn its blanket Covid policy.
What we’re doing
- A high standard of hygiene is practiced by staff at Revive to minimise risk of transmission. Therapists will clean and disinfect the couch, chairs and all touch points/surfaces between uses.
- Aeration of the rooms will be increased.
What to bring and do before arriving at Revive
- Arrive on time at your appointment; if you arrive too early, you may have to wait outside the practice.
- Arrive with as few belongings as possible
- Use your own toilet before coming to the practice
On arrival at the practice and within the practice
- Clean your hands as soon as you enter the practice with your personal hand sanitiser or with the one provided at the reception.
- If you need to dispose of tissues, please use the pedal bin provided at reception
- Avoid touching anything and particularly door handles, stair rails, and other equipment
In the treatment room
- If you would like physiotherapist to wear the mask then please feel free to ask.
- We will use minimal physiotherapy and exercise equipment and if in use only if they can be protected/disinfected
Payment for sessions and leaving Revive
- Payments can be made by card with a card machine, or electronically via email link or bank transfer.
- If the card machine is used, the machine will be disinfected in between patients.
- Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding. Stay alert, control the virus and save lives.