Most types of surgery, including body sculpting procedures, bring pain and swelling in their wake, as well as oedema (fluid retention) and scarring. The main benefits provided by a course of MLD (manual lymphatic drainage) and Ultrasonic therapy can be a significant reduction in immediate post-operative discomfort and reduced recovery time.
MLD and US is recommended after most ofsurgeries. Common examples are
- Breast augmentation
- Hip replacements
- Orthopedic surgery
- Scaring and burns
and many more – if you have questions about anything not listed, please ask
MLD and US is recommended especially after surgery because:
- It quickly reduces oedema, swelling and bruising
- Treatment can begin as soon as 24 hours post-surgery
- It inhibits local inflammation
- It acts to minimize scarring and build-up of hard tissue, ensuring better visible results
- Overall healing time is accelerated
Number of sessions depends on what type of surgery is performed and which part of the body is operated.